Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thursday Thursday

Remember when Thursday was the day to hit the KK? Well maybe it still is...and I'm am just too old and out of the loop. No maybe about it, I am definitely out of the loop when it comes to the bar scene. Never really was in the loop much up here. Moved here in 1998, and spend a couple summers partying in the bars...the old 202 when 2-stepping was the thing. I still love to 2-step and if an opportunity presents itself I am in! I remember this old couple who was there EVERY SATURDAY NIGHT! They could barely move, but they still managed to cut a great rug! But I digress. Met my husband (now my ex) in 2000, got pregnant and then got married. That baby wasn't meant to be but the next one took much better and I became I mom in July of 2001. I couldn't have cared less about the bad after that.

Now the music is all DJs and dub-step and while I do love that music and listen to plenty of it at home, the idea of being in a loud, humid bar and try to dance on a completely packed dance floor with a bunch of kids 20 years my junior is not my idea of fun. Luckily, I don't have to anymore.

But invite me to my friends house, with good food, good company, a glass of wine or two and life is gooooooooooooooooooood! Now that I think about it, I think it's time to plan a girls night....

PS Day 8 of eating breakfast and I haven't missed a workout yet..:)

No comments:

Post a Comment