Thursday, January 28, 2010

I wish ...




...that I was more of a creative writer. My problem is that I get bogged down with all the little details. I just cant write for the sake of writing. I've always wanted to write a romance novel but I dont have the foggiest idea of how to start. I remember that I loved writing in High School. I enjoyed learning the mechanics of writing and the proper formation of sentences. But that was 20+ years ago. I dont remember those rules anymore. Hell I'm lucky if I remember to use punctuation!


Blech!


2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about writing. I would like to be more creative, but alas. I can't get better if I don't write. I took a creative non-fiction writing course at Yukon College, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Even though I eventually audited the course because I had too heavy a load to worry about marks, I learned tons. Mostly, I learned through the discussions that went on. The instructor was Jerome Stueart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks....I'm going to look into auditing that course. I dont care about the marks... I just want to learn to write. I remember I loved writing in high school in Language class.

    ReplyDelete